Penguin Mom & Baby I
This is a portrait of an African penguin and its young chick, descriptively rendered as a charcoal drawing. When the chicks hatch they are covered in a soft, charcoal grey, downy fluff and are totally dependent on their parents. They produce a whistling ‘peep’ and hissing sound to demand food from mom and dad, who will look after their young until they are fully fledged and can enter the sea by themselves.
The artwork is rich in contrast and texture and is part of a series of drawings of the African penguin portrayed in the black and white shades of charcoal. The image captures the devotion of the parent penguin towards its young and has an endearing and tender atmosphere.
This is an Open Edition Fine Art Print of the original charcoal drawing and part of the Oceans of Southern Africa Collection.
Original Artwork Details
Charcoal Drawing on Paper, 2011
40 x 30 cm
This is an Open Edition Fine Art Print.
- Each print is hand signed and stamped by the artist.
- Care and attention to detail is intrinsic to every part of our printmaking process.
- Our Fine Art Prints are reproduced to the highest quality archival standards using the Giclee process.
- Prints are produced on a choice of either premier fine art paper or canvas and in a selection of suitable sizes.
- A Certificate of Authenticity and Leaf of Provenance accompany all prints, which are bespoke wrapped and sent from Ashleigh in Cape Town, South Africa.
For further details about our prints, please refer to the print information page.
Domestic Destinations (within South Africa)
5 - 10 Days Estimated Delivery Time
Free Shipping for orders of two or more items
$50 USD Flat Rate for orders of only one item
10 - 20 Days Estimated Delivery Time
For further details about shipping, please refer to the shipping information page.