To Belong to Water
To Belong to Water is an alluring charcoal drawing depicting a serene portrait of a humpback whale. Finely detailed in its underwater home the elegant and graceful whale is shown diving beneath the water’s surface. Known for their long hauntingly beautiful songs, these whales radiate mystical auras of supernatural beings.
The whale’s long, sculptural head is decorated with barnacles and varying pigments of black, grey and white. Light rays filtering down from the ocean’s surface illuminate the ghostly white of its underbelly, while long wing-like pectoral fins move the humpback effortlessly through the water. Large in scale, the artwork has an endearing yet sophisticated charisma, it is an elegant expression of love for the ocean and its magnificent marine life.
This is an Open Edition Fine Art Print of the original charcoal drawing and part of the Oceans of Southern Africa Collection.
Original Artwork Details
Charcoal Drawing on Paper, 2020
99 x 123 cm
This is an Open Edition Fine Art Print.
- Each print is hand signed and stamped by the artist.
- Care and attention to detail is intrinsic to every part of our printmaking process.
- Our Fine Art Prints are reproduced to the highest quality archival standards using the Giclee process.
- Prints are produced on a choice of either premier fine art paper or canvas and in a selection of suitable sizes.
- A Certificate of Authenticity and Leaf of Provenance accompany all prints, which are bespoke wrapped and sent from Ashleigh in Cape Town, South Africa.
For further details about our prints, please refer to the print information page.
Domestic Destinations (within South Africa)
5 - 10 Days Estimated Delivery Time
Free Shipping for orders of two or more items
$50 USD Flat Rate for orders of only one item
10 - 20 Days Estimated Delivery Time
For further details about shipping, please refer to the shipping information page.