Elephant Mother & Calf
In Elephant Mother and Calf the animals are placed alone against a plain white background, emphasizing the bond between mother and baby. The elephants are depicted from behind and are trailed by little black birds called piapiacs, which look for insects that are disturbed by the large animal’s movement.
Young elephants are very entertaining to watch and the artist has subtly suggested the playful mood of this little baby; with its ears spread wide open, tail swishing to the side and its foot mid air, it looks as though it's preparing to mock charge the birds. Captured in black and white; this is a warming and unique art piece, simplistic in form, composition and tone, yet deep in emotive substance.
This is an Open Edition Fine Art Print of the original charcoal drawing and part of the Wildlife of Africa Collection.
Original Artwork Details
Charcoal Drawing on Paper, 2012
100 x 70 cm
This is an Open Edition Fine Art Print.
- Each print is hand signed and stamped by the artist.
- Care and attention to detail is intrinsic to every part of our printmaking process.
- Our Fine Art Prints are reproduced to the highest quality archival standards using the Giclee process.
- Prints are produced on a choice of either premier fine art paper or canvas and in a selection of suitable sizes.
- A Certificate of Authenticity and Leaf of Provenance accompany all prints, which are bespoke wrapped and sent from Ashleigh in Cape Town, South Africa.
For further details about our prints, please refer to the print information page.
Domestic Destinations (within South Africa)
5 - 10 Days Estimated Delivery Time
Free Shipping for orders of two or more items
$50 USD Flat Rate for orders of only one item
10 - 20 Days Estimated Delivery Time
For further details about shipping, please refer to the shipping information page.