In this portrait of a humpback whale breaching, the dark form of the whale’s body is highlighted against a simple background. The whale is depicted in fine detail, with even the barnacles on its head being visible as well as the various textures of its skin. Water is descriptively portrayed flying off the whale as it propels its large body upwards. Rich texture and detail are combined with simple lines and open spaces, creating a beautiful, ocean-inspired contemporary image. As part of a series of whale drawings, the artwork looks impressive hanging as a large individual piece, or collectively as smaller prints.
This is an Open Edition Fine Art Print of the original charcoal drawing and part of the Oceans of Southern Africa Collection.
Original Artwork Details
Charcoal Drawing on Paper, 2012
100 x 70 cm
Original Sold (Ebony Curated)
This is an Open Edition Fine Art Print.
- Each print is hand signed and stamped by the artist.
- Care and attention to detail is intrinsic to every part of our printmaking process.
- Our Fine Art Prints are reproduced to the highest quality archival standards using the Giclee process.
- Prints are produced on a choice of either premier fine art paper or canvas and in a selection of suitable sizes.
- A Certificate of Authenticity and Leaf of Provenance accompany all prints, which are bespoke wrapped and sent from Ashleigh in Cape Town, South Africa.
For further details about our prints, please refer to the print information page.
Domestic Destinations (within South Africa)
5 - 10 Days Estimated Delivery Time
Free Shipping for orders of two or more items
$50 USD Flat Rate for orders of only one item
10 - 20 Days Estimated Delivery Time
For further details about shipping, please refer to the shipping information page.