This artwork features the dark, graceful shape of the Humpback’s tapered tail contrasted against a plain white background. Ribbons of water droplets fly off the distinctive, wavy rear edge and clusters of pale grey barnacles decorate the dark skin. The glistening reflections on the whale's skin, crusted white barnacles and splash of water are all sensitively portrayed using contrasting dark and light tones.
Each humpback whale’s tail is visibly unique, with distinctive characteristics being used to identify individual whales. This artwork was created as a series of whale drawings and hangs gracefully as a large solo piece or as a series of smaller prints.
This is an Open Edition Fine Art Print of the original charcoal drawing and part of the Oceans of Southern Africa Collection.
Original Artwork Details
Charcoal Drawing on Paper, 2012
100 x 70 cm
Original Sold (Ebony Curated)
This is an Open Edition Fine Art Print.
- Each print is hand signed and stamped by the artist.
- Care and attention to detail is intrinsic to every part of our printmaking process.
- Our Fine Art Prints are reproduced to the highest quality archival standards using the Giclee process.
- Prints are produced on a choice of either premier fine art paper or canvas and in a selection of suitable sizes.
- A Certificate of Authenticity and Leaf of Provenance accompany all prints, which are bespoke wrapped and sent from Ashleigh in Cape Town, South Africa.
For further details about our prints, please refer to the print information page.
Domestic Destinations (within South Africa)
5 - 10 Days Estimated Delivery Time
Free Shipping for orders of two or more items
$50 USD Flat Rate for orders of only one item
10 - 20 Days Estimated Delivery Time
For further details about shipping, please refer to the shipping information page.