Penguin Love depicts two African penguins, grooming one another; their dark shapes are strikingly contrasted against plain white backgrounds.
Penguins are monogamous and mate for life, the image highlights this intimate bond between a mated pair. Every penguin has distinctive black spots on its chest and belly; these are as unique as human fingerprints and help birds recognize each other in large chaotic colonies.
Rich in texture and beautifully detailed in the black and white tones of charcoal, this artwork is aesthetically attractive whether hung as a large solo print or collectively with the rest of the series.
This is an Open Edition Fine Art Print of the original charcoal drawing and part of the Oceans of Southern Africa Collection.
Original Artwork Details
Charcoal Drawing on Paper, 2011
40 x 30 cm
This is an Open Edition Fine Art Print.
- Each print is hand signed and stamped by the artist.
- Care and attention to detail is intrinsic to every part of our printmaking process.
- Our Fine Art Prints are reproduced to the highest quality archival standards using the Giclee process.
- Prints are produced on a choice of either premier fine art paper or canvas and in a selection of suitable sizes.
- A Certificate of Authenticity and Leaf of Provenance accompany all prints, which are bespoke wrapped and sent from Ashleigh in Cape Town, South Africa.
For further details about our prints, please refer to the print information page.
Domestic Destinations (within South Africa)
5 - 10 Days Estimated Delivery Time
Free Shipping for orders of two or more items
$50 USD Flat Rate for orders of only one item
10 - 20 Days Estimated Delivery Time
For further details about shipping, please refer to the shipping information page.