Penguin Mom & Baby II
African Penguins are dedicated and protective parents, in the drawing the parent bird stands close to its young chick which is still covered in charcoal-grey soft, downy fluff. Young birds are fondly known as ‘Baby Blues’ at this stage because of their beautiful colour. The bond between the two birds is descriptively captured in this realistic and sensitive drawing. Delicately illustrated in the charcoal medium, the texture and detail of the bird’s feathers is realistically captured.
The Southern African Foundation for the Conservation of Coastal Birds (SANCCOB) has been an integral part of the conservation of the African Penguin for the last few decades. The original drawing was donated to SANCCOB for their annual fundraiser for the African penguin.
This is an Open Edition Fine Art Print of the original charcoal drawing and part of the Oceans of Southern Africa Collection.
Original Artwork Details
Charcoal Drawing on Paper, 2011
40 x 30 cm
This is an Open Edition Fine Art Print.
- Each print is hand signed and stamped by the artist.
- Care and attention to detail is intrinsic to every part of our printmaking process.
- Our Fine Art Prints are reproduced to the highest quality archival standards using the Giclee process.
- Prints are produced on a choice of either premier fine art paper or canvas and in a selection of suitable sizes.
- A Certificate of Authenticity and Leaf of Provenance accompany all prints, which are bespoke wrapped and sent from Ashleigh in Cape Town, South Africa.
For further details about our prints, please refer to the print information page.
Domestic Destinations (within South Africa)
5 - 10 Days Estimated Delivery Time
Free Shipping for orders of two or more items
$50 USD Flat Rate for orders of only one item
10 - 20 Days Estimated Delivery Time
For further details about shipping, please refer to the shipping information page.