Southern Right Tail
In this artwork, the tail of a southern right whale is depicted lifting out of the ocean, with a beaded curtain of water falling down, forming lace-like ribbons on the ocean’s surface. Deep contrast, rich texture and detail are combined with simple lines and open spaces, creating a calm image that is reflective of the ocean.
Southern rights and other whales often use their tails to slap the water, a form of communication which enables them to convey information to each other over large distances.
The artwork is part of a series of whale drawings which look elegant displayed collectively or as large solo pieces.
This is an Open Edition Fine Art Print of the original charcoal drawing and part of the Oceans of Southern Africa Collection.
Original Artwork Details
Charcoal Drawing on Paper, 2012
100 x 70 cm
Original Sold (Ebony Curated)
This is an Open Edition Fine Art Print.
- Each print is hand signed and stamped by the artist.
- Care and attention to detail is intrinsic to every part of our printmaking process.
- Our Fine Art Prints are reproduced to the highest quality archival standards using the Giclee process.
- Prints are produced on a choice of either premier fine art paper or canvas and in a selection of suitable sizes.
- A Certificate of Authenticity and Leaf of Provenance accompany all prints, which are bespoke wrapped and sent from Ashleigh in Cape Town, South Africa.
For further details about our prints, please refer to the print information page.
Domestic Destinations (within South Africa)
5 - 10 Days Estimated Delivery Time
Free Shipping for orders of two or more items
$50 USD Flat Rate for orders of only one item
10 - 20 Days Estimated Delivery Time
For further details about shipping, please refer to the shipping information page.