In this powerful portrait of an African baobab, the organic, dark tones of the charcoal medium are contrasted against a classic white background, creating an image that is both descriptive yet minimalist in design. The ancient tree is depicted with opulent texture and detail which beautifully portrays its age and worn character.
The drawing is a tribute to the tree's resilience and adaptability to its harsh environment. Starting from a tiny seedling, baobabs eventually grow so large that they dwarf even the elephants that previously could have trampled them. As the saying goes, "from small beginnings come great things".
Beautiful as a large statement piece, or displayed as a smaller print alongside the other trees in the collection, both create a unique and inviting addition to an interior space.
This is an Open Edition Fine Art Print of the original charcoal drawing and part of the Trees of Africa Collection.
Original Artwork Details
Charcoal Drawing on Paper, 2014
140 x 150 cm
Original Sold (Ebony Curated)
This is an Open Edition Fine Art Print.
- Each print is hand signed and stamped by the artist.
- Care and attention to detail is intrinsic to every part of our printmaking process.
- Our Fine Art Prints are reproduced to the highest quality archival standards using the Giclee process.
- Prints are produced on a choice of either premier fine art paper or canvas and in a selection of suitable sizes.
- A Certificate of Authenticity and Leaf of Provenance accompany all prints, which are bespoke wrapped and sent from Ashleigh in Cape Town, South Africa.
For further details about our prints, please refer to the print information page.
Domestic Destinations (within South Africa)
5 - 10 Days Estimated Delivery Time
Free Shipping for orders of two or more items
$50 USD Flat Rate for orders of only one item
10 - 20 Days Estimated Delivery Time
For further details about shipping, please refer to the shipping information page.